I'd like to take a moment to inform about when it's okay and not okay to report content (that is: posts, threads, comments, messages).
This hasn't been much of a problem lately, but every now and then I find a report on something that doesn't seem to be justifiably reportable. I figure while things are quiet and doing okay content-wise, I should post about this to make sure more problems don't happen or are at least decreased.
I will likely add this information to the wiki's Discussion Policy at some point in the future, but for now it's just a quick summary.
WHAT TO REPORT
Content that directly breaks forum guidelines
Content that directly breaks wiki policies
Content that you believe may need review of an administrator/moderator (This is for instances when you're not sure, though this should NOT be used excessively or as an excuse to report something you shouldn't be reporting.)
WHAT NOT TO REPORT
Content that you do not like
Content that you disagree with (This and the previous one is what I see a lot and is one of the main reasons of this PSA.)
Content that does not qualify under any of the terms listed above in "What to Report"
REVIEWING REPORTED CONTENT
When content is reported, it's added to the "Reported Posts" list that is only visible to admins/mods. That list indicates which posts have been reported, how many total posts have been reported, and who (by username) made the report(s).
When I review reported content, I check to see if it qualifies under one of the above terms, and then based on that either keep or remove the content. I'd say right now it's about 60% that I actually remove, and the other 40% is content that shouldn't have been reported in the first place.
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES
Simply reporting a post DOES NOT guarantee its removal. The content must be reviewed by an admin/mod first before something can happen to it. Reporting it does not insta-delete it or temporarily hide it, as I think some people probably got the impression of in the past.
Unless it's a common occurrence, I do not hold false reports responsible to the user who reported the content. In the end, I do want people to try and make sure content on this wiki is friendly and appropriate to all users/readers. It's just a small number of people that seem to be doing it for themselves and not for the community though, and that is what I'm trying to address with this PSA.
For FANDOM's general info on reporting content, see the Community Help page below:
If anyone has any questions, comments or concerns about this topic, please post them in this thread. Thanks.