What's on your mind?
Late on this post, but oh well. Still getting used to the limited features of Discussions. Apparently there can only be one image on a post, and no way to post additional images or even videos. Also can't use wiki text formatting, which means I can't even add the new synopsis properly.
So that said, all new information about the show has been added to its wiki page HERE. Feel free to share your thoughts about it here in this thread.
"Po is back in fighting form at Universal Studios Hollywood.
"The martial arts and dumpling-loving Dragon Warrior stars in Kung Fu Panda: The Emperor's Quest the first attraction for the newly built DreamWorks Theatre, which opens its doors on June 15. ...
"The 241 luxury theater seats swivel and turn to take in the action as Po goes on a new quest — with his adopted duck father Mr. Ping and the red panda Master Shifu — to bring the Liquid of Ultimate Power to the Palace for the Emperor. The mission is hijacked by the villainous Kang Wolf who wields the stolen Ming Hammer, a relic so powerful that it knocks foes into the spirit world. Po and his sidekicks battle Kang in this ethereal world, along raging rivers and into the Emperor's Palace."
Via The Nightfly with Dave Juskow featuring exec. producer/showrunner for DreamWorks Animation Mitch Watson (player.fm/series/the-nightfly-with-dave-juskow/live-from-los-angeles-with-mitch-watson). Talks about it @1:19:42 in the audio clip, mentioning that it'll be serialized, release on Amazon, more like the films, and will bring back Mick Wingert as Po.
- March 15, 2018: Potential title revealed
- April 12, 2018: Title confirmed, summary & release period announced
- May 23, 2018: Show score composer announced
EDIT (April 20, 2018): Cleaned up some of the thread's stacked blockquotes, in the interest of keeping it from being too long to scroll through. Just FYI if you notice your message has been edited by me.
"No trip to Los Angeles is complete without a visit to Universal Studios Hollywood™ where your favorite movies and television shows come to life. And now the world-famous theme park is giving you even more reasons to make this a can't-miss experience!In 2018, enter another level of awesomeness at DreamWorks Theatre Featuring Kung Fu Panda as you're immersed in a brand-new multisensory attraction. Join Master Po and the Furious Five on an unstoppable adventure of awesomeness destined to stimulate your senses, exercise your wit and unlock the hero within through the power of kung fu."
-- Via Universal Studios Hollywood
"October brings the superheroes and the supernatural to Netflix. ... New movies include ... the animated, kid-friendly adventure 'Kung Fu Panda 3,' ..."
—Via Seattle Times
"In this week's episode of the top-ranked Nickelodeon Animation Podcast, Jennifer Yuh Nelson (Kung Fu Panda 2, Kung Fu Panda 3) talks about all things Kung-Fu, her love of cartoon blood and gore, and why she'll never draw another horse. Available Friday, Aug. 19, on iTunes, SoundCloud, YouTube and nickanimationpodcast.com ..."
-- Via ToonZone.Net
"... DreamWorks Animation is teaming up with Digital Domain to produce virtual reality content and experiences for the family entertainment company's most iconic and legendary characters.
"The partnership will begin with the worlds of Shrek and Kung Fu Panda in VR, with other franchises planned in the coming months.
"'For over two decades, DreamWorks Animation has been entertaining audiences with some of the most original stories and beloved characters in entertainment,' said Rich Flier, Managing Director, Digital Domain Holdings Limited. 'We are honored to be a part of bringing that great legacy to virtual reality audiences worldwide.'"
Final episode lineup:
- June 8: "The First Five"
- June 15: "See No Weevil"
- June 22: "Face Full of Fear"
- June 29: "Emperor's Rule"
"20th Century FOX Home Entertainment releases DreamWorks Animation's KUNG FU PANDA 3 AWESOME EDITION on Digital HD on May 13 and Blu-ray™ and DVD on June 28. ...
"Kick off the summer with the KUNG FU PANDA 3 Awesome Edition on Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital HD. Featuring more fun, funny and action packed bonus features including 2 all-new Kung Fu Panda animated shorts, Everybody Loves A Panda Party Karaoke with Po, Make a Panda Party Paper Pal and more! ...
* Everybody Loves a Panda Party - Join Po and the entire cast of lovable pandas to sing-along and learn why everybody loves a panda party in this all-new presentation.
* Po's Posters of Awesomeness - Po leads a deeper exploration of the awesome art in Mr. Ping's hut as the posters come to life and illustrate his hilarious stories.
* Panda Paws - Watch the enormously talented panda ribbon dancer Mei Mei starring with Bao in an exclusive animated tale.
* Make a Panda Party Paper Pal - Learn the mystic art of paper folding and create a village of panda pals as Po hosts this fun and entertaining tutorial.
* Play Like a Panda - Adorable overload! Learn all about real baby pandas, their amazing lives, and their remarkable playful ways.
* The Origin of "Skadoosh" - For the first time ever, Po reveals the extra-super-secret origin of his world-famous catchphrase.
* Faux Paws Deleted Scenes - Discover fascinating story insights with this revealing collection of deleted footage you couldn't see in theaters!"
-- Via Broadway World TV/Movies
"In an early announcement to retailers, 20th Century Fox is preparing 'Kung Fu Panda 3' for Blu-ray sometime in 2016. A Blu-ray 3D Deluxe Edition will also be available. ... Specs and supplements have not been detailed yet.
"Suggested list price for the Blu-ray/DVD/Digital HD combo pack is $36.99."
-- Via High-Def Digest
Guys! Wikia, the Home of Fandom, got a chance to interview the cast of KFP3! We were lucky enough to sit down and have a chat with Lucy Liu, Dustin Hoffman, and J.K. Simmons. Check out the video below!