|This article is a stub.|
|Not all information has been covered about this subject. You can help by expanding it!|
|“||I fought by his side. I loved him like a brother, and he... betrayed me. Well, now I will destroy everything he has created!||”|
|—Kai before attacking, Kung Fu Panda 3|
The Destruction of the Jade Palace was the confrontation between Kai and Jade Palace masters Shifu, Monkey, Tigress, and Viper in Kung Fu Panda 3 that resulted in the destruction of the palace, as well as Oogway's statue in the Master Garden. It was part of Kai's conquest in getting revenge from Oogway for "betraying" him in their past, and since then wanting to destroy the master's legacy and steal all the chi of his students.
- The destruction of the Jade Palace is noted by Kung Fu Panda 3 visual effects supervisor Mark Edwards to be "one of the most complex destruction shots ever done at the studio, based on the number of assets. Plus, emotionally, it's just huge."
- Due to the vast number of technical demands of the destruction sequence, the Jade Palace had to be completely rebuilt from scratch. Upgrades to the new palace include its model pieces and surfacing, using twenty assets for its exterior; four main rigid body simulations excluding debris, grit, and dust; and 216,989 dynamic rigid bodies, with a total of 1.98 million constraints in between them.
- Exactly 6,837 fractured pieces were broken off of the palace in its destruction.
- ↑ Miller-Zarneke, Tracey. The Art of Kung Fu Panda 3, p. 158. ISBN: 9781608874941.
- ↑ Revealed in DreamWorks Animation's Kung Fu Panda 3 (2016). Written by , & directed by Jennifer Yuh Nelson, . Distributed by 20th Century Fox.
- ↑ Miller-Zarneke, Tracey. The Art of Kung Fu Panda 3, p. 163. ISBN: 9781608874941.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Miller-Zarneke, Tracey. The Art of Kung Fu Panda 3, p. 161. ISBN: 9781608874941.