|“||Gongmen is under the stewardship of the Masters' Council and we will protect it, even from you.||”|
|—Rhino to Shen, Kung Fu Panda 2|
- Thundering Rhino (former leader; deceased)
The Kung Fu Council was officially organized after the Peacocks banished their son Shen from Gongmen City, which occurred presumably over twenty years prior to the events of the second film. Already renowned for their legendary heroics, Master Thundering Rhino (son of legendary Flying Rhino), along with Masters Storming Ox (his star pupil) and Croc, formed the Council and became stewards over the city. The Council was led by Thundering Rhino.
|The canonicity of this section is questionable.|
Information in this section may conflict with previously established canon.
In the alternate backstory of the masters, Po stated that after their victory over the Wu Sisters, the path Master Oogway set the warriors on eventually led them to Gongmen City, where they formed the council.
One day, these three masters were sparring in the palace courtyard when they were surprised by the return of Lord Shen, the exiled heir to the throne. Shen demanded that they leave the palace, but Thundering Rhino and his allies made their determination to protect their city clear. However, in the battle that followed, Storming Ox and Croc were defeated by the vengeful peacock while Thundering Rhino was killed by one of Shen's cannons. The loss of their master and friend made Storming Ox and Croc lose faith in kung fu, and they surrendered when Shen threatened to turn his weapons on the city.
Storming Ox and Croc were subsequently imprisoned in Gongmen Jail, and remained there for many days until Po and the Furious Five arrived to free them and join forces in order to stop Shen's takeover of the city. However, when they arrived to break Ox and Croc out, the two masters refused to leave, stating that Shen's weapon was unstoppable, and that kung fu was dead.
They continued to live their incarceration until Master Shifu arrived. With his persuasion, they eventually rose to save their city and all of China, and fought alongside Po, the Furious Five, and Shifu, with their efforts eventually ending in victory.
While it can be assumed that Storming Ox and Croc returned to their positions in the Kung Fu Council after Shen's defeat, it is unknown who became leader in Thundering Rhino's place after his death.
|This section is a stub.|
There is content missing from this section. You can help by adding some in!
- The Council was originally intended to have a fourth member, Master Boar. But for unknown reasons, he was scrapped and instead made a cameo appearance as a prisoner in Gongmen Jail, as well as one of the boar bandits in Kung Fu Panda Holiday.
- Miller-Zarneke, Tracey. The Art of Kung Fu Panda 2, p. 75. ISBN: 1608870189.
- . Retrieved March 5, 2011.
- Revealed in DreamWorks Animation's Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011). Written by , , Charlie Kaufman & directed by Jennifer Yuh Nelson. Distributed by Paramount Pictures.
- Revealed in DreamWorks Animation's Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Masters (2011). Written by Todd Berger, & directed by Tony Leondis. Distributed by Paramount Home Entertainment.
- Miller-Zarneke, Tracey. The Art of Kung Fu Panda 2, p. 77. ISBN: 1608870189.