|This wiki has parent information for Panda Paws.|
Click the logo above to view ratings, content info and more on this particular media.
|This article is out of universe from Kung Fu Panda.|
This subject has been distinguished as part of the real world and therefore should not be taken as part of the fictional universe of the Kung Fu Panda franchise.
Panda Paws (also called Panda Paws: A Mei Mei Mini Movie) is a Kung Fu Panda 3D animated short created by DreamWorks Animation. It features the two characters Mei Mei and Bao from Kung Fu Panda 3. Originally serving as a prologue to the film, it was instead released as a bonus feature for its DVD, Blu-ray, and Digital HD releases. The digital copy released on May 13, 2016, and the disc copies on June 28, 2016.
Mei Mei narrates to what led to some unflattering moments, recollecting her audition for the Spring Festival. Her performance had been interrupted by Bao, whose cuteness automatically won favor with one of the judges. After Bao provoked a challenge, the two both attempted to steal the show, Mei Mei with her ribbon-dancing and "butterfly" performance, and Bao with his liuqin-playing balancing act. This chaos eventually led to a fire, which lit up some fireworks nearby, which then launched them both into the sky.
Despite their panic, Mei Mei caught Bao and they landed safely with the curtain serving as a parachute. The backstage fell away, revealing other panda villagers. Receiving cheers from the audience, Mei Mei and Bao ended with a good-natured "panda paws" pose together.
- Kate Hudson as Mei Mei
- Steel Gagnon as Bao
- Barbara Dirickson as Grandma Panda
- Wayne Knight as Big Fun
- It was falsely reported that the short would show during the previews for local showings of Home.
- Some scenes from Panda Paws were presumably cut from Kung Fu Panda 3, as they were shown in the film's Chinese trailer.
- “ [Takes a deep breath] Panda paws...”
- Transcript of short
- BroadwayWorld.com - "DreamWorks Animation's KUNG FU PANDA 3 Coming to Digital HD, Blu-ray & DVD" by Movie News Desk. Published April 19, 2016. Retrieved April 21, 2016.
- screenshot). Retrieved March 8, 2015. : “Yesterday I went to a screening of DreamWorks’ Home ... (and) they showed a ... prologue for Kung Fu Panda 3.” (