|“|| Po: [gasp] The Wuxi Finger Hold! Not the Wuxi Finger Hold!|
Shifu: Ohhh, you know this hold?
Po: Developed by Master Wuxi in the third dynasty, yes.
|—Shifu threatening to use the hold on Po, Kung Fu Panda|
Technique backgroundThe use of the Wuxi Finger Hold has built a reputation for itself as being highly advanced and dangerous. It involves pinching an opponent's index finger and then flexing your pinky. Once the pinky is flexed, an explosive golden shock wave occurs. Mortals who have the hold used on them are then transported to the Spirit Realm as a result.
- In the first storyboard version of the Wuxi Finger Hold of the first film, Shifu used a Chinese finger trap to catch Po.
- In an interview with "Po", Scholastic News Online asked about the hardest move for him to learn. Po confirms with the Wuxi Finger Hold and states that Shifu told him (after he defeated Tai Lung with the hold) that there's really no such move; it was just a story that kung fu masters made up to scare their students into submission. In addition, Po couldn't really recall how he did it.
- According to some traditional Chinese sources, the "third dynasty" that Master Wuxi had invented the hold may have been the Zhōu Dynasty.
- ↑ Revealed in the Training Hall area of Kung Fu Panda World. Retrieved August 21, 2010.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Revealed in DreamWorks Animation's Kung Fu Panda (2008). Written by , & directed by John Stevenson, Mark Osborne. Distributed by Paramount Pictures.
- ↑ Revealed in DreamWorks Animation's Kung Fu Panda 3 (2016). Written by , & directed by Jennifer Yuh Nelson, . Distributed by 20th Century Fox.
- ↑ Kung Fu Panda Fun Facts (PDF) by Hewlett-Packard (HP)
- ↑ Scholastic.com - "Kung Fu Panda-monium!" by Marie Morreale. Published November 7, 2008. Retrieved September 12, 2010.
- ↑ Wikipedia - "Dynasties in Chinese history"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.